Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'd forget my head if it wasn't fastened on....

So I go out to Target to get this and that and then something else, walked out spending $ 20.00 and still didn't get camera batteries. Which was a high priority item on my list. So, I can't post the pictures of the ghostie sweater or a new shawl that I'm working on until I get the batteries.

I'm almost done with the shawl already (thanks to the new DVD Dresden Files">that I got). One of the women in my Stitch n Bitch group just growls when she sees Jen or myself talking, reading or talking about watching TV while we work. We keep telling her she'll get there, she keeps telling us, she won't. And since it's her belief system, she won't.

And I don't care what the network thinks, I liked 'The Dresden Files'. Yes, it's been cancelled. I started out reading the books Dresden Files">cause I'm a fan of the mystery genre and someone recommended them to me on that basis. It's like Mickey Spillane with magic thrown in the mix. The investigator usually manages to get the snot kicked out of him at some point in the story but the characters and detail of the plot line are entertaining enough that you can get over the formula detective plot. Now the TV show is nowhere near the stories in the books but that makes them even more entertaining. It's interesting to see how they've changed the story to conform to the media that they're using. I was lucky enough to see Jim Butcher at the Oread Bookstore in Lawrence, KS and he thought it was great. The book sales were going well and the paychecks he was getting from the TV show, as he put it, paid for his families health insurance bills for a year. Not a bad deal for him considering he's an independent contractor being a writer.

No comments: