Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gotta get focused

I keep telling myself to finish what I've started, in this case, the pattern for the video game sweater so I can put it out on my craft design page and what do I do? I sit down and work on another sweater. But Halloween's coming up fast so this little ghostie sweater will come in handy. And, if I want to get this pattern set up for people to make their own sweater's then I need to go through it once (or twice) to make sure that the bugs are worked out of the pattern.

That was one of the toughest parts of deciding to be a knitwear designer. Deciding to make items more than once. And frogging the items that while they looked OK, didn't really live up to the vision that I had when I started the project. I still have a couple of projects hiding in the spare bedroom that need to be frogged but since I haven't decided what to do with the yarn instead, they've gotten a bit of a reprieve from the process so far. But it will happen, it will all happen. A little bit each day.

"The only permanent change will come from a change in consciousness." - I'm not sure where this quote originated from, but the guy who said it was so right. Until I change my consciousness and the way I approach things then I'll continue to scatter my efforts instead of focusing on what I really want to accomplish. And focusing in a way that will have each project with a beginning, a process and an end. And not hieing off to the next project while one project still hangs in limbo waiting for the finalization to be finished.

Oh Man! That sounds so much like self-discipline! Somehow I knew that would come into this sooner or later.

No comments: