Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ha! I've been invited...

to take part in a square exchange on Ravelry.

You always get this tingle when you're invited to do something. That tingle that says 'I'm special. People really like me.' That's your ego talking. In truth, I know that lots of stitchers on Ravelry have been invited to join this group but it will be a fun exercise (and get rid of some of this yarn stash).

The basic premise is that you make 11 (12, keep one for yourself) granny squares which are 12" on the side, you ship off 11 of them to the names of your group and all the people in that group will have enough squares to make a blankie, lap throw or what have you. I think this will be great, to see what other people are doing, what materials they are using and, as I said, use of some of the yarn stash that is hiding in the basement.


I just went through and repacked a bunch of that stuff. I keep thinking 'This has got to be getting smaller but I'm not seeing it. I think the main drawback is that 13 big plastic containers that are stuffed full of yarn. There are also ancillary cardboard boxes that are full of yarn and when I get rid of one of the cardboard boxes, it doesn't register as an accomplishment because the plastic containers are still there and still stuffed full of yarn.


And then, some people will donate yarn to me for my Project Linus blankets. A great, big ole Thank You to the people that do this, but where am I going to put it all? Guess I'll have to work faster.


I did get a couple of projects done for Project Linus from the last donation of yarn that I received. I had to go out and buy another skein of Hepplewhite white Lion Brand Homespun to finish the pattern on one. The things we do for charity.

No comments: