Friday, June 21, 2013

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth

Although I have been distracted. For 3 whole years? ! ? How time flies when you're doing other stuff. Actually I've been watching a lot of TV and being depressed about the state of the world, my lack of success and why there's no significant other in my life. But an event can change your attitude about life in general. Recently an event happened peripherally to me that radically altered a lot of lives. Mine included. So on we go with renewed determination. I'm on Ravelry as SpaceWhisper and right now I'm working on a test knit for the Affable Knitter for a Swinging Monkey baby afghan. It's been slow going trying to read the written out instructions and it's always interesting to see how other peoples logic systems work. Here's how far I've gotten.
And I need to get a wiggle on. The requested completion date is 7/15/13. Which means I have to work on it for over an hour every day in order to make my stitch count for that date. That's 13 rows of 235 stitches every day I would be further along but didn't pay attention to the stitches that were forming under my hands and was doing one of the faux cable stitches incorrectly. It was an interesting effect but that's not what you're shooting for when doing a test knit. So frogged and restarted.

No comments: