Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More Workbaskets

Hooray! The latest purchase of Workbaskets has just arrived. I'm a bit disappointed in the condition of them. The description said that the seller hadn't been through the magazines to determine completeness and even just looking at them you can tell pages are loose from a page having been torn out. There's one born every minute. Just have to remember not to purchase from that seller again or question her closely on condition if I ever do.

So the magazines are in, out of 56 that I purchased there are 12 that I don't already have. I'm at that stage where the big pieces are complete and now I'm trying to fill in the corners and bits and pieces. Which could get expensive, or I could just reference the other Workbasket indexes out on the web for the years that I still don't have. Most of them are the early years, yeah, big surprise there. But the 90s magazines are in short supply also. Must have been cutting back on the production runs as subscriptions ran out and weren't renewed.

So I'm back to updating the Workbasket Index, take a look and let me know what you think if you're into that kind of thing.

After that I compare the duplicates against my existing library, keeping the nicest one for my reference. Guess I should put a link onto the index page offering my duplicates for sale. There's plenty of good use in these magazines, they are a treasure trove of patterns, ideas and recipes. I've tried some of them and those cooks knew their business. Come to think of it, I have some leftover chicken in the fridge now, wonder what they suggest. Off to do research....

No comments: