Monday, September 15, 2008

Half past September....

and I'm still struggling with projects that should have been done awhile ago. I did finish the train sweater and now I'm working on another one to refine the design. Too many little color bits to make it an efficient pattern design. 'Course I could complete the sweater using intarsia and fair isle methods and then complete the details with duplicate stitch but I've not been satisfied with the way my duplicate stitches look. Prolly pulling the yarn too tightly, that's my usual issue with fiber arts I want to pull that yarn to get a good tension and then the whole thing buckles on me cause it's been pulled too tightly. Another reminder to relax and let things happen.

So I've started on the Spiderman afghan for my friend, Laura. Her nephew will just think she's the bestest auntie in the world when this is delivered for Christmas (as if she isn't already the bestest auntie in the world in his eyes). This has reached the perseverance stage of construction. I'm up to 24 dc on each facet, I usually have to stop and go do something else after two rounds just to let my hand relax a bit. And a couple of rounds can take an hour at this stage of the project. Another swatch of blue, another line of the web and then a couple of rows of blue to finish it off the color work. I still have to fill in the support lines on the web through the body of the afghan and that will take time. It's kinda hard to work with the needle on one side of the project and the yarn on the other while you chain stitch your way across it. Still going to take awhile but will be done in plenty of time for Christmas.

Christmas! September and I'm already planning for Christmas....might as well give in and just think about it all year round like some people do. Does that make your Christmas list longer or shorter when you devote that much time to it?

No comments: