Friday, September 14, 2007

Projects...more projects

Well the shawl is done and it's now listed on Etsy. I've started another sweater, one that will use up some of the leftover purple tones out of my stash. It's a patchwork sweater. I found the pattern in an old Workbasket magazine. I'm going through all the Workbaskets I've accumulated over the years and am putting them in an index. Everytime I wanted to find a pattern I'd remembered seeing, I'd sit down with a stack of magazines and start going through them. Which meant I'd lose hours as I got distracted with all the neat stuff in them.

As soon as I have at least half of them set up I'll post it on my creative web-site, n2 Imaginations Design. Still working out how to publish a multiple page workbook as a .pdf. Guess I'll have to get the HTML workbook out again and start going through the chapters. Always something new to learn.

So I ran across this patchwork pattern in the Workbasket I'd entered and just started it, which is very bad timing on my part. I have special orders coming in for sweaters from my Etsy presence and really need to work on them. Which I am, but those are all in the design stage, still setting up the motifs and working the gauge swatch and changing the pattern calculations and you just want to pick something up and watch it take shape under your hands. At least I do (or I could just be rationalizing). So I started on this sweater. I may have needed to put some more neutrals in it but so far I'm still charmed with the idea of it. The pattern calls for a 4" ribbing at the waist so I've finished the front and back panels and am sewing them together before doing the ribbing to avoid the seam. I can do a raglan sweater in one piece from the top down or from the bottom up but I'm still figuring out set-in sleeves (not having done too many of them) so I want to take it by the numbers before I start playing with the sweater design. 'Course, I could always get another book - Hot Knits which will help me with the instructions.

Bad Nancy, you have enough books. Get back to working on that sweater.

No comments: